It was September 2007 when I traveled to Bohol. I was still getting to know my new then, so I decided to practice with it there. Bohol is widely known for the tarsier, the Chocolate Hills and of course it takes its most pride to the old churches it houses. They have been standing there for many centuries holding a piece of history and culture for the . Some of them were even recognized as .
Just a few weeks ago a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hit the province and these churches were terribly damaged. (And as I draft this postHaiyan/Yolanda is wrecking havoc in that part of the country.) Being amazed to see them in person in all their grandeur, it saddened me to see on the news these parts of our history and culture crumble in an instant into rubble. And another history was written.
- Prayers for Bohol and Cebu (normannorman.com)
- #BangonSugBohol (vanillaaddiction.com)
- The Cutest Most Adorable Creature of Bohol (maiabumughli.wordpress.com)
- We’re One With You Cebu And Bohol (arlene1956.wordpress.com)
- Bohol: Celebration of life and death (rappler.com)
- Bohol Earthquake Victims: Chosen Beneficiary of P1-Million Prize of 1st UNTV CUP Grand Champion Team Judiciary (perpetualopinionator.wordpress.com)
- Bohol town residents find sanctuary in cave (newsinfo.inquirer.net)